WHAT IS Armed Security Guard Intermediate Pistol?
With the increasing threat of violent crime, more people are choosing to learn personal protection skills. Unfortunately, many students never have the opportunity to train under instructors who have real-world experience in surviving life-or-death self-defense situations.
Armed Security Guard Intermediate Pistol is the result of 70+ YEARS of combined operational experience in law enforcement, national security, and high-risk security operations that introduces you to the skills necessary for defending oneself using a pistol.
During this 6-hour live-fire class you’ll learn the basic / fundamentals & advance techniques of how to use your handgun in a self-defense scenario. You can expect to receive lots of hands-on practice, instruction, and feedback to help develop and hone your technique both on the range and at home.
“Don’t forget to Request tuition reimbursement from your employer, as this course is conducted by an instructor who is internationally and nationally recognized and holds a state-licensed law enforcement certification.”
NOTE: What is the IRS rule for tuition reimbursement?
By law, tax-free benefits under an educational assistance program are limited to $5,250 per employee per year.
Valortec is a registered academy license #DS3300087
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to safely & efficiently manipulate your pistol on the move
- How to efficiently reload and acquire your targets
- How to accurately engage and shoot targets at varying distances using your natural body mechanics
- How to move and shoot targets in defensive scenarios
- How to improve your pistol gun-handling skills on your own
- During this class, students will also have the opportunity to compete for the coveted, Valortec Alumni patch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this class designed for?
This class is for security guards with a VALID Florida G license who are ready to take their handgun skills up a notch.
If it’s been a while since you’ve gone to the range and you’d like to get reacquainted with your firearm, this is a great refresher class for you.
To attend this class, all students must:
- Must have a valid Florida G license / Armed Security (Due to the Department of State ITAR regulations, tactical training is only available to US Citizens/Legal Residents)
- Complete a liability waiver before the start of the class
How much does the class cost?
$297 per student
Please Contact Us to have your discount applied.
What firearm, ammo, and gear will I need for this class?
- YOUR DUTY GEAR – COMPLETE-
- Valid driver’s license or government issue ID
- Semi-automatic pistol in one of the following calibers: 9MM, .40S&W, or .45ACP (No revolvers, pocket pistols, or sub compact handguns allowed)
- 250 to 300 rounds of ammunition
- OWB level 2 or more (Outside the Waistband) holster for your pistol
- 3 magazines (Minimum)
- Pistol magazine holster
- Comfortable, closed-toe, sturdy shoes. No sandals or open-toed shoes.
- Sturdy belt (must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holster)
- Eye and ear protection
- Barrel Safety Plug (if not available, we can provide one)
- Water & snacks (for the duration of the class)
Where is this class held and how long is it?
This class is held at Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club or at Firearms Training Club of America in Lakeland. Both are private outdoor gun ranges. Armed Security Guard Pistol is a total of 6 hours.
Can I attend this class even if I don’t own a firearm?
Upon completion of this class you will receive:
- Certificate of Completion
- Signed by a licensed Law Enforcement Instructor