“A SELF DEFENSE APPROACH”
This class covers the basics of SELF DEFENSE and using your handgun in a HOME self-defense scenario. We are going to teach you everything you need to know to handle and operate a firearm with skill and confidence. You will receive lots of hands-on practice, one-on-one instruction, and expert feedback to develop and hone your technique, along with the knowledge you need to continue to sharpen your skills AT home.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Drivers License or a valid government issued photo ID
- Hearing and Eye protection
- Firearm with OWB (outside the waistband) holster
- Sturdy Belt (must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Magazine Holster
- 250 Rounds (min 150)
- Minimum 3 magazines
- No pocket pistols, revolvers, or backup guns
- 9mm Barrel Safety Plug (if not available, we can provide one)
- Closed-toed shoes
- Water, food, snacks (for duration of course)
- VALORTEC Training utilizes semi-automatic pistols, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms. Full-frame pistols are recommended. Sub-compact pistols are not recommended.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Participants may not remove firearms from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Instructor to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
- All instructors are Nationwide Firearms Instructors and are certified with the State of Florida.