What is Concealed Carry Fundamentals?
If you want to legally carry a firearm in the state of Florida and are serious about learning to defend yourself, this is the right class for you.
Concealed Carry Fundamentals is a 4-hour class that will introduce you to the essential knowledge and skills you’re required to know to obtain your Florida Concealed Carry Permit.
This beginner firearms class is divided into 2 parts. In Part 1 each student will review firearms safety, marksmanship, concealed carry license standards, and Florida State Statutes as they relate to the use of force and the use of deadly force. During Part 2 of the class, students will practice and demonstrate safe gun handling and marksmanship skills.
Here’s What You’ll Learn
- How to safely handle and operate a firearm
- Firearm terminology and how to select a pistol for self-defense
- The different types of ammunition and how to select the right ammunition for self-defense
- Basic defensive pistol skills and gun handling
- How to draw a pistol from concealment
- How to load a firearm and clear stoppages
- The mindset for responding to an attack
- Different carry and concealment methods
- Sport shooting and training activities
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this class designed for?
This introductory class is ideal for intermediate to advance shooters. If you already have your concealed carry license and would like to become more confident with your firearm, click here to learn about our pre-requisite defensive class – Self-Defense Fundamentals.
*Note: This class satisfies the mandatory learning requirement for those who wish to apply for their concealed carry license. Upon completion of this class, students will still need to apply for their license and pay separate processing fees to the State of Florida to successfully obtain their concealed carry license.
To attend this class, all students must:
- Be at least 21 years of age. (You may take the class before turning 21 and apply immediately afterward. Fingerprinting, application, and photo must be current when the application is submitted.)
- Complete a liability waiver before the start of the class
How much does the class cost?
$297 per student
We’re proud to offer discounts to first-time students who are:
- Military/LEO/First Responders
Please Contact Us to have your discount applied.
What firearm, ammo, and gear will I need for this class?
*Note: We will provide all necessary firearms, ammunition, and targets. Bottled water will also be available.
- Valid driver’s license or government issue ID
- Comfortable, closed-toe, sturdy shoes. No sandals or open-toed shoes.
- Students are welcome but not required to bring their firearm. Please keep all firearms safely and securely stored in vehicles until instructed to do otherwise.
- If bringing your own firearm, please bring a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition.
- Eye and ear protection
Where is this class held and how long is it?
This class is held at Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club, a private outdoor gun range offering 11 pistol bays, and a variety of rifle ranges, up to 1,500 yards. Concealed Carry Fundamentals is a total of 4 hours.
Upon completion of this class you will receive:
- Certificate of Completion
- Study Materials