his 4 Hour class is designed to teach the student the basic knowledge and attitudes necessary for selecting, owning, and using the pistol of their choice safely and effectively. Topics covered include: Safe gun handling, weapon selection, firearm nomenclature and manipulation, ammunition options and applications, storage & maintenance, fundamentals of pistol shooting including, grip options, stance options, sighting fundamentals, trigger control. This class will qualify students to apply for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. IT IS A LIVE FIRE COURSE.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Drivers License or a valid government issued photo ID
- Hearing and Eye protection
- Firearm with OWB (outside the waistband) holster
- Sturdy Belt (must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Magazine Holster
- 250 Rounds (min 150)
- Minimum 3 magazines
- No pocket pistols, revolvers, or backup guns
- 9mm Barrel Safety Plug (if not available, we can provide one)
- Closed-toed shoes
- Photo ID
- Water, food, snacks (for duration of course)
- ALL OF OUR LIVE FIRE COURSES TAKE PLACE AT 4845 FL-44, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168 (inside the Volusia County Gun Club)
- Firearms Training utilizes semi-automatic pistols, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms. Full-frame pistols are recommended. Sub-compact pistols are not recommended.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Participants may not remove firearms from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Instructor to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
- All instructors are Nationwide Firearms Instructors and are certified with the State of Florida.