This course allows students to further enhance their handgun skills. Building on the shooting fundamental skills developed in Handgun I, our instructors will work closely with the student to increase proficiency and improve firearm manipulation. This class is focused on practical and live-fire training with minimal time in the classroom. VALORTEC’S Handgun II course will take those with basic handgun experience to the next level of handgun skills developmenT.
- Malfunctions and remediation drills
- Flash Sight Picture
- Use of Cover
- Moving into Cover
- Low-Light Shooting Practical
- One Hand Shooting
- Administrative, Tactical and Emergency Reloads
- Shooting Skill Maintenance
- No shoulder, cross-draw or appendix-carry holsters
- Minimum three magazines*
- Magazine holders*
- Clear wraparound ballistic eye protection*
- Ear protection*
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
- Water bottle or other hydration system
- The above items are available to rent at an additional cost.
- Handgun I level (or comparable) experience
500 rounds handgun ammunition; 9mm (9×19) is the minimum service caliber for this course.
- ALL OF OUR LIVE FIRE COURSES TAKE PLACE AT 4845 FL-44, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168 (inside the Volusia County Gun Club)
- Firearms Training utilizes semi-automatic pistols, however, we offer custom classes on any and all small arms. Full-frame pistols are recommended. Sub-compact pistols are not recommended.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Participants may not remove firearms from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so.
- Shooters who display weapons proficiency will by challenged by the Instructor to increase their skill level by various methods. This will not have an impact on the overall conduct of the class.
- All instructors are Nationwide Firearms Instructors and are certified with the State of Florida.