This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for the safe use of a rifle in target shooting.
Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; rifle parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; shooting from the bench rest, prone, sitting, standing and kneeling positions; cleaning; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, take a Basics of Rifle Shooting Student Examination, and receive a course completion certificate.
This course is at least eight hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot rifles.
What You’ll Learn:
- Essential gun safety rules
- Different types of pistols and which one is best for you
- The basics of ammunition
- The fundamentals of pistol shooting
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Drivers License or a valid government issued photo ID
- Hearing and Eye protection
- Sturdy Belt (must be able to hold up the weight of a pistol and magazine holder)
- Closed-toed shoes
- Photo ID
- Water, food, snacks (for duration of course)
- ALL OF OUR LIVE FIRE COURSES TAKE PLACE AT 4845 FL-44, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168 (inside the Volusia County Gun Club)
- Firearms Training utilizes semi-automatic pistols. Full-frame pistols are recommended. Sub-compact pistols are not recommended.
- Keep firearms in vehicles. Participants may not remove firearms from their vehicles or otherwise handle firearms until instructed to do so.